Minnesota DWI Appeals

By Max A. Keller, Atty. at Law of Keller Criminal Defense Attorneys posted in Appeals on Wednesday, May 30, 2012.

If you have been convicted at trial of a Minnesota DWI, or other crime, your chance of proving your innocence is not over.  You can hire an experienced DWI appeals attorney like Max A. Keller of Keller Criminal Defense Attorneys.  Mr. Keller, and experienced Criminal Appeals Attorney, has won cases in the Minnesota Supreme Court and the Minnesota Court of Appeals.  As far as we know, Mr. Keller was the first Minnesota Criminal Defense Attorney to win a Felony DWI case in the Minnesota Supreme Court. Minnesota Criminal Appeals & criminal defense attorney  Mr. Keller knows how to appeal your case because he has done it many times before and knows the inside scoop because he worked for 3 judges at the Court of Appeals just after graduating from law school 15 years ago.

Mr. Keller has argued over 40 cases in the Minnesota Supreme Court and Court of Appeals, including:

  • Felony DWI,
  • felony criminal sexual conduct,
  • possession of child pornography,
  • gross misdemeanor DWI,
  • Driving in Violation of a B-Card No Alcohol Restriction
  • domestic assault
  • professional licensing issues.

Just because you were convicted of a criminal offense at trial doesn’t mean that you SHOULD have been convicted. Any trial is a complicated process involving numerous decisions from a Judge and a criminal defense attorney. during a trial, it is virtually inevitable that the Judge, the prosecutor, and the defense attorney will ALL make mistakes. Sometimes, these mistakes result in a defendant going to jail or prison when they otherwise shouldn’t. In that situation, the best thing the wrongfully convicted defendant can do is appeal.

If you want to appeal your case, you MUST find an attorney who has experience filing, briefing, and arguing criminal appeals. Max A. Keller has this experience. Max has worked at the Court of Appeals, so he knows the tricks that the Appellate Courts use. He knows how to have your appeal reviewed in a timely manner, and in the most favorable light. He knows how to write persuasive briefs, and how to make convincing arguments.

Max Keller has won countless jury trial cases involving misdemeanors and felonies, sex crimes, and DWI’s. He is a member of the Minnesota Society for Criminal Justice, which only allows the top 50 criminal defense attorneys in the state as members. Max is a frequent speaker at CLE’s and is often asked for advice by other defense attorneys across Minnesota.

What to Do If You Have Been Charged with a Criminal Offense

Getting falsely accused of domestic violence in Minnesota may put you at risk of losing your job, custody of your children, or even your home. You may face criminal charges and the accusation may damage your reputation in the community, as people will now view you as an abuser. False domestic violence accusations often happen when couples are in a contentious relationship with a risk of divorce.
The top reasons for license suspension in Minnesota include driving under the influence of alcohol, repeated traffic violations, and failure to appear in court or pay fines. Failure to pay child support, criminal convictions and felonies, medical conditions/disabilities, and drag racing can also lead to license suspension. The suspension takes away your driving privileges, preventing you from driving legally.
Motorists arrested for allegedly driving while impaired might wonder, “Can you refuse a breathalyzer?” In Minnesota, the implied consent law requires a person licensed to drive, control, or operate a vehicle to agree to a chemical test to check for alcohol or other intoxicants in that person’s body. Refusing to submit to a breathalyzer or another chemical test is a crime, often charged as a gross misdemeanor.